If you’re looking for a delicious and unique twist on a classic meatloaf recipe, then you’ll love the bomb meatloaf recipe.
This recipe combines all the savory flavors of a traditional meatloaf with a little bit of heat and spice to create an explosion of flavor in every bite.
In this ultimate guide, we’ll take you through everything you need to know about making the perfect bomb meatloaf.
Bomb Meatloaf Recipe: What You Need
To make the perfect bomb meatloaf, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
How to Make Bomb Meatloaf
Follow these steps to make the perfect bomb meatloaf:
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Step 2: Prepare Your Meatloaf Mixture
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, milk, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper until well combined.
Step 3: Form Your Meatloaf
Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place it in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
Step 4: Make Your Bomb Sauce
In a separate bowl, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and apple cider vinegar to make the bomb sauce.
Step 5: Add Your Bomb Sauce
Spread the bomb sauce evenly over the top of the meatloaf.
Step 6: Bake Your Meatloaf
Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for 1 hour, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Step 7: Let Your Meatloaf Rest
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips for Making the Perfect Bomb Meatloaf
Here are a few tips to help you make the perfect bomb meatloaf:
- Don’t overmix your meatloaf mixture. Overmixing can result in a tough and dry meatloaf.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that your meatloaf reaches the proper internal temperature.
- Let your meatloaf rest before slicing it. This will help the juices redistribute and prevent the meatloaf from falling apart.
FAQs About Bomb Meatloaf Recipe
1. Can I use a different type of ground meat?
Yes, you can use ground pork, turkey, or chicken instead of beef.
2. Can I make bomb meatloaf in advance?
Yes, you can make bomb meatloaf ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
3. Can I make a gluten-free version of this recipe?
Yes, you can use gluten-free bread crumbs to make a gluten-free version of this recipe.
4. Can I adjust the level of spice in this recipe?
Yes, you can adjust the level of spice by using more or less jalapeno peppers.