If you’re a steak lover and looking for a unique twist to add to your mealtime, then you’ll love this chipotle steak recipe.
This dish is packed with flavor, simple to make, and perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion.
In this article, we’ll go over everything you need to know to create this mouth-watering recipe, from the ingredients to the step-by-step process, and we’ll also cover some tips and tricks to make the most of your cooking experience.
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about the ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs of flank steak
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 tablespoon of adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Now that you have your ingredients ready, let’s start cooking!
Step 1: Marinate the Steak
First, you’ll need to marinate the steak. In a large mixing bowl, combine the minced chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
Then, add the flank steak to the bowl and coat it with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it marinate for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. For best results, let it marinate for up to 24 hours.
Step 2: Cook the Steak
Once the steak is marinated, take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
Next, preheat your grill or grill pan to high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan or brush it on the grill grates.
Then, add the steak to the grill or pan and cook for 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until it reaches your desired level of doneness.
Step 3: Rest and Serve
Once the steak is cooked, remove it from the grill or pan and let it rest for 5 minutes. This will allow the juices to redistribute, making for a juicier steak.
After resting, slice the steak against the grain into thin strips. Serve it hot and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re short on time, you can reduce the marinating time to 15 minutes.
- If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can also cook the steak in a cast-iron skillet.
- For an extra smoky flavor, you can add a pinch of smoked paprika to the marinade.
- This recipe also works well with other cuts of steak, such as sirloin or ribeye.
This chipotle steak recipe is a fantastic way to spice up your steak game.
With just a few ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll have a flavorful and satisfying meal in no time.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself or entertaining guests, this recipe is sure to impress.
- Can I use a different type of steak for this recipe?
Yes, you can use other cuts of steak, such as sirloin or ribeye.
- Can I skip the marinating step?
While the marinating step adds a lot of flavor to the steak, you can skip it if you’re short on time. However, we recommend marinating the steak for at least 15 minutes.