Are you craving some Chinese food? Look no further!
Hakka noodles are here to satisfy your hunger pangs. This mouth-watering recipe is a perfect blend of spices, sauces, and veggies.
The soft and chewy noodles tossed with a variety of veggies and sauces make it a perfect dish for lunch or dinner.
It is also a great option for hosting a get-together with your friends or family. In this article, we will learn how to make hakka noodles at home.
Hakka noodles are a popular Indo-Chinese dish that originated in the Hakka province of China.
The dish has gained immense popularity in India, and it is now a staple food in many households.
This dish is loved by people of all age groups, and it is one of the most ordered dishes in Chinese restaurants.
To make hakka noodles, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 packet of hakka noodles
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 capsicum, julienned
- 1/4 cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
Follow these simple steps to make hakka noodles:
- Boil the noodles in salted water until they are cooked. Drain the water and rinse the noodles in cold water to prevent them from sticking together.
- Heat oil in a wok or a pan. Add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
- Add onions and sauté until they become translucent.
- Add the julienned carrots, capsicum, and shredded cabbage. Stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, salt, and black pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add the boiled noodles to the wok or pan and toss well with the veggies and sauces.
- Serve hot.
- Use a wok or a large pan to make hakka noodles as it requires high heat for stir-frying.
- Do not overcook the noodles as they tend to become mushy.
- Rinse the noodles in cold water after boiling them to prevent them from sticking together.
- You can add more veggies of your choice to make the dish more nutritious.
- You can also add some protein like tofu or shredded chicken to make it a complete meal.
Q1. Can I use any type of noodles to make hakka noodles?
A. No, hakka noodles are made using a specific type of noodle that is easily available in the market. You cannot substitute it with any other type of noodle.
Q2. Is hakka noodles a healthy dish?
A. Hakka noodles are made using lots of veggies, and it is a healthy dish if made with the right ingredients and in the right proportions.
Q3. Can I make hakka noodles without vegetables?
A. Yes, you can make hakka noodles without vegetables, but it will not be as flavorful as the one with veggies.
Q4. Can I add egg to hakka noodles?
A. Yes, you can add scrambled egg to hakka noodles to make it more delicious.
Q5. Can I make hakka noodles in advance?
A. Yes, you can boil the noodles in advance and keep them in the refrigerator. But, do not stir-fry the veggies and sauces in advance.