Florida water is a popular spiritual cologne used in many magical practices, such as Hoodoo, Voodoo, Wicca, and Santeria.
It’s commonly used for purification, protection, and cleansing purposes.
The recipe for Florida water varies, but it generally includes citrus, spices, and alcohol.
In this article, we’ll be discussing how to make Florida water and how it can be used in spiritual practices.
Tips on How to Make the Best Florida Water Recipe
- Use high-quality ingredients: Florida water is all about the ingredients, so make sure to use fresh and high-quality citrus, herbs, and spices.
- Infuse your ingredients: To make your Florida water more potent, you can infuse your ingredients in high-proof alcohol for several weeks or months.
- Use distilled water: Distilled water is free from any impurities, which makes it perfect for Florida water.
- Store in a dark bottle: Since Florida water is light-sensitive, it’s best to store it in a dark bottle to preserve its potency.
- Experiment with different ingredients: There are many variations of Florida water, so don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredients and find what works best for you.
Florida water was first created in the United States in the 1800s by a New York perfumer named Robert Murray.
It was initially marketed as a refreshing cologne and soon became popular for its cleansing and protective properties in spiritual practices.
It’s commonly used in Hoodoo, Voodoo, and Santeria rituals to purify the body, cleanse the home, and protect against negative energies.
The ingredients for Florida water can vary, but the most common ones include:
- Alcohol (such as vodka or grain alcohol)
- Distilled water
- Lemon, lime, and/or orange peels
- Lavender flowers
- Rose petals
- Cinnamon sticks
- Bay leaves
- Patchouli leaves
- 1 quart high-proof alcohol
- 1 quart distilled water
- 1/2 cup chopped lemon peels
- 1/2 cup chopped lime peels
- 1/2 cup chopped orange peels
- 1/4 cup dried lavender flowers
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 3 cloves
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup dried patchouli leaves
- Combine all the ingredients in a large glass jar.
- Seal the jar tightly and shake well.
- Store the jar in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer.
- Store the Florida water in a dark glass bottle.
How to Serve Florida Water
Florida water can be used in a variety of ways in spiritual practices, such as:
- Sprinkling it around your home to cleanse and protect it from negative energies.
- Adding a few drops to your bathwater for a cleansing and purifying bath.
- Using it as a personal cologne to attract positive energy and protect yourself from negative energy.
- Spraying it in the air to cleanse the energy of a room.
Can I use different ingredients for Florida water?
Yes, you can experiment with different ingredients to find what works best for you.
Can I use regular tap water instead of distilled water?
It’s best to use distilled water to ensure that there are no impurities in your Florida water.