Mozzarella sticks are a popular snack enjoyed by many, and for those who love a little extra heat, hot cheetos mozzarella sticks are a must-try.
These crispy, cheesy snacks are perfect for any occasion and are easy to make at home.
In this article, we will go over how to make hot cheetos mozzarella sticks, including the history of where the recipe comes from, tips for making the best recipe, ingredients, and the best recipe to follow.
We will also discuss how to serve these delicious snacks and answer some frequently asked questions.
Mozzarella sticks were first made in the United States in the 1970s, and their popularity has grown ever since.
Hot cheetos, on the other hand, were first introduced in 1992 by the Frito-Lay company.
The combination of these two popular snacks has become a favorite among many snack lovers.
Tips for making the best recipe
When making hot cheetos mozzarella sticks, it is important to use fresh mozzarella cheese, as it will melt better and create a creamier texture.
Additionally, it is recommended to freeze the cheese sticks for at least an hour before frying to prevent them from melting too quickly.
Using a combination of regular breadcrumbs and crushed hot cheetos can help create the perfect balance of crunch and heat.
- 12 mozzarella sticks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups hot cheetos, crushed
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Oil for frying
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half and freeze for at least an hour.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, garlic powder, and paprika.
- In another shallow bowl, beat the eggs.
- In a third shallow bowl, mix together the crushed hot cheetos and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each mozzarella stick half into the flour mixture, then into the beaten eggs, and finally into the hot cheetos and breadcrumb mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Repeat with the remaining cheese sticks.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the cheese sticks in batches for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
How to serve
Hot cheetos mozzarella sticks are best served hot and crispy with a side of your favorite dipping sauce, such as marinara sauce, ranch dressing, or sour cream.
Can I use other types of cheese instead of mozzarella?
Yes, you can use other types of cheese such as cheddar or pepper jack, but the texture and taste may be slightly different.
Can I bake these instead of frying them?
Yes, you can bake these in the oven at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, but they may not be as crispy as fried.
Can I use regular cheetos instead of hot cheetos?
Yes, you can use regular cheetos, but the recipe will not have the same level of heat.
How do I store leftover mozzarella sticks?
Leftover mozzarella sticks can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake in the oven at 375°F for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.