Are you tired of the same old pork dishes?
Looking for a way to spice up your dinner routine?
Look no further than pork cube steak! With its tender texture and delicious flavor, pork cube steak is the perfect addition to any meal.
In this article, we’ll provide you with an easy and delicious pork cube steak recipe that you can make at home.
Pork cube steak is a cut of meat that is made from tenderized pork loin.
This cut is typically thinner and more tender than a traditional pork chop, making it perfect for pan-frying.
Pork cube steak is also known as “pork cutlets” and is a popular ingredient in many Southern-style dishes.
What is Pork Cube Steak?
Pork cube steak is made by taking a pork loin and pounding it thin with a meat mallet.
The pork is then cut into smaller, bite-sized pieces that are perfect for pan-frying.
Pork cube steak is a lean cut of meat that is high in protein and low in fat, making it a healthy choice for your next meal.
For this pork cube steak recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 pork cube steaks
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Follow these simple steps to make the perfect pork cube steak:
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In another shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Dip each pork cube steak into the flour mixture, then into the egg mixture, and then back into the flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the pork cube steaks to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Pound the pork cube steaks evenly to ensure that they cook evenly.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the pork cube steaks reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve the pork cube steaks with your favorite sides, such as mashed potatoes, green beans, or corn on the cob.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between pork cube steak and regular pork chops?
Pork cube steak is cut from the pork loin and pounded thin, while regular pork chops are cut from the rib or loin and can be bone-in or boneless.
How do you cook pork cube steak without it being tough?
To ensure that your pork cube steak is tender and flavorful, make sure to pound it evenly and cook it to an internal temperature of 145°F.
Can you use a different type of flour for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of flour that you have on hand, such as whole wheat flour or almond flour.
How long does it take to cook pork cube steak?
It takes about 3-4 minutes on each side to cook pork cube steak until golden brown and crispy.
Can you make pork cube steak ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the pork cube steak ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it.