If you are looking for a delicious way to elevate your meals, then you can never go wrong with a flavorful pork gravy.
Made with succulent pork drippings, this savory gravy can transform even the simplest of dishes into a feast.
Whether you want to add a touch of richness to your roasted pork, mashed potatoes, or biscuits, this pork gravy recipe is the perfect choice.
So, let’s get started and learn how to make this hearty and delicious gravy that your taste buds will surely thank you for.
Gravies have always been a staple in many households, especially during the colder months.
There’s nothing quite like a warm, hearty gravy to make you feel cozy and satisfied.
And when it comes to gravies, pork gravy is definitely a favorite among many. It’s rich, savory, and adds a depth of flavor to any dish it’s paired with.
So, in this article, we’ll be sharing an easy pork gravy recipe that you can make at home with just a few ingredients.
Before we get into the recipe, let’s take a quick look at the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup pork drippings
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Now that we have our ingredients, let’s start making our pork gravy.
- Heat the pork drippings in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the flour and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns a light brown color.
- Slowly add the chicken broth, whisking constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes or until the gravy has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot over your favorite dish.
Baked Pork Chops with Pork Gravy Recipe
One of the best ways to enjoy pork gravy is by pairing it with baked pork chops.
Here’s a simple recipe that you can follow:
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pork gravy
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sear the pork chops for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Transfer the pork chops to a baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Let the pork chops rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Heat the pork gravy in a small saucepan and serve alongside the pork chops.
1. Can I use beef broth instead of chicken broth?
Yes, you can use beef broth instead of chicken broth. However, keep in mind that this will alter the flavor of the gravy.
2. Can I make this gravy ahead of time?
Yes, you can make the gravy ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat it on the stove over low heat, whisking constantly, until heated through.